SAFETY & ETIQUETTE
Your health and safety is our highest priority. Our studios are in consistent contact with Vancouver Island Health Authority to ensure that we are meeting each requirement mandated to ensure the safety of all of our students.
INDOOR CLASSES REOPENED
SUMMARY OF GENERAL SAFETY PRECAUTIONS;
- VACCINATION – Proof of vaccination is required for all participants aged 12 years and older. This mandate reflects current requirements as outlined by the Provincial Health Officer.
- IF UNWELL – Stay home.
- ARRIVAL TIME – Doors will open 15 minutes before scheduled class time.
- HEAT – The thermostats are programmed to maintain an appropriate ambient temperature for students’ comfort. Classes will not be intentionally overheated.
- Roots, Roots express, Mobility Stretch: 32-34 degrees
- Free Flow, Flow Restore, (align)flow : 30-32 degrees.
- Still, Still + Meditation, Still + Sound, Blend, Full Body: 28-30 degrees.
- MASKS – Masks are required in shared studio spaces. Masks are encouraged during practice, but not required.
- OCCUPANCY – Our overall occupancy of the practice room is 17 in Victoria and 15 in Westshore. Each individual has a minimum of 7 square meters of usable floor space.
- PHYSICAL DISTANCING – There are markers on the floor to ensure physical distance of 2 meters between each patron.
- IN SYNC – We encourage our participants to maintain cohesiveness in the group movements. For example, all heads are at the top of the mat.
- TIME BETWEEN CLASSES – Classes are scheduled with 30-45 minutes between classes. During this time, there is a minimum of 5 minutes where no participants are in the space. During this time there will be natural air intake via HVAC/HRV and/or open windows.
- BOOKING – Reservations can be made 14 days in advance. (All patrons must have read and agree to follow safety protocol)
- AIR CIRCULATION – Instructors will draw fresh air into the practice room at frequent and regular intervals throughout the class. The HVAC/HRV systems draw air in a linear direction rather than circular distribution.
- INSTRUCTOR AREA- Instructors are encouraged to remain in a designated “instructor area” throughout the class and give verbal rather than hands-on corrections.
- INSTRUCTOR MASKS – All instructors must wear a mask at all times except when instructing by way of demoing/exercising within the designated Instructor Area.
- MUSIC – Please maintain music at a level that does not require projection to speak over it. There will be no music for Hybrid classes.
- TRAVEL – We ask that anyone who has travelled outside Canada does not come to the studio until they have satisfied the Federal requirements for returning to Canada, which may include self isolation and/or a negative test result.
- CLOSE CONTACTS – We ask that anyone experiencing COVID-19 symptoms or is a close contact of a person who tested positive for COVID-19, does not come to the studio until they have satisfied the public health requirements for isolation and/or testing.We support the Provincial Health Officer orders and we encourage our community to take these messages to heart.
MindBody has created a way to offer our students a one-time verification by checking off a box on your account. Please ensure you have filled out the ‘consent to log’ form providing YogaLab consent to do so on your personal account.
If you are unvaccinated and have questions regarding your class card or your membership, please reach out to email@example.com
Thank you again and again for your patience and kindness and for supporting the people who own, manage, and work at this local business as we figure out how best to serve you and take care of our community during this time. We wouldn’t be here without you.